Confused by the jargon, acronyms and business speak?
This back to basics workshop will take you from zero to understanding in 3 hours!
What the workshop covers
In this workshop we’ll show you how to make sense of your business accounts, including:
- The different financial statements, what is included in them and what isn’t
- An explanation of the terminology that you will encounter.
- The various taxes you are liable for and how you can reduce the amount you need to pay.
- A brief foray into the world of cloud accounting software (Xero and Quickbooks)
We aim to:
- Give you the confidence to read and understand your accounts enabling you to make better decisions for your business.
- Show you how business owners can save hours of time and spend these on much more pleasurable pursuits!
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone already in business or planning to start one.
Anyone who wants to know what their accountant is telling them.
Start: 9.30am, 26th March
Finish: 12.30pm, 26th March
About our presenters
For this workshop we are joined by Ian Jarvis of Vertis Accounting Ltd. Based at BLOOM.SPACE in Malvern, Ian provides accounting services to small businesses and charities in Worcestershire and the surrounding counties. He provides a professional and friendly bespoke service for all of your accounting and legal compliance needs, leaving you to concentrate on what you do best.
About our venue
BLOOM.SPACE is a new business co-working and support centre located in The Grange right in the centre of Great Malvern next to Malvern Theatres. There are plenty of places to park. The cheapest car park to use is the long stay by Malvern Splash. Alternatively, you can park on the street.
Malvern is conveniently situated between Worcester and Hereford, so an ideal location for anyone in the West Midlands.
Refreshments will be provided.