General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 define how you must take care of personal information you hold within your organisation (be it a business, charity or society) and keep it safe and secure. These new rules on data privacy apply to all businesses and organisations, so everyone needs to know about it and has to be 100% compliant.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- How the regulations affect how you handle personal data in your business
- How to assess your business data needs
- The implications of the regulations for marketing
- Practical ways to improve your data handling and security
With the help of case studies, we will show you the practical steps to make sure that your business or organisation is compliant with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
You will leave with:
- A good understanding of the regulations
- Knowledge of how to:
- Find out what personal data you hold
- Decide whether you need to keep it
- Agree on who has access to what data
- Tips on how to improve data security within your organisation
The workshop is suitable for:
Anyone who runs a business or organisation
Start: 9.30am, 24th October
Finish: 12.30pm, 24th October
About our venue
BLOOM.SPACE is a new business co-working and support centre located in The Grange right in the centre of Great Malvern next to Malvern Theatres. There are plenty of places to park. The cheapest car park to use is the long stay by Malvern Splash. Alternatively, you can park on the street.
Malvern is conveniently situated between Worcester and Hereford, so an ideal location for anyone in the West Midlands.
Refreshments will be provided.