WordPress have made major changes to the page/post editor in the latest version of this popular web authoring software. The editor is nicknamed “Gutenberg”, after the inventor of the printing press, as WordPress see it as a fundamental change in the way page/post editors work.
You need to know how this will affect your WordPress site, so this workshop provides the environment within which you can check out the new editor in safety before upgrading your site.
In this workshop
- Learn what Gutenberg has to offer and how it will affect existing sites
- Have plenty of time to practise on one of our training sites
- Work out how to upgrade your site – we will offer advice on how to approach this.
The workshop is a practical session, so please bring a laptop or appropriate tablet. We will provide a WordPress training environment but if you want to show us your own website so that we can give advice, you will need to remember your username and password!
If you have a specific feature on your site that you would like to us to look at, please let us know in advance. This will help us plan the morning.
You will leave with:
- A good understanding of the Gutenberg editor
- Confidence in editing pages and posts with the new editor
- Knowledge of how you can upgrade your site without problems
- A new network of other business owners you’ll meet at the workshop
The workshop is suitable for:
Anyone who has a WordPress website for which they create content.
Start: 9.30am, 23rd January
Finish: 12.30pm, 23rd January
About our venue
BLOOM.SPACE is a new business co-working and support centre located in The Grange right in the centre of Great Malvern next to Malvern Theatres. There are plenty of places to park. The cheapest car park to use is the long stay by Malvern Splash. Alternatively, you can park on the street.
Malvern is conveniently situated between Worcester and Hereford, so an ideal location for anyone in the West Midlands.
Refreshments will be provided.