Friendly, practical advice and support
Training is important for both business owners and their staff. It is an ideal way to increase productivity at a low cost. However, to be really effective the training has to be focussed and meet your needs.
Whether you are a small business or a charity, starting out or established in business, we aim to provide that cost-effective practical help and advice which will improve your confidence and save you money.
We offer training as interactive workshops, either online or at your premises. Our training portfolio covers all aspects of running a business as well as practical sessions on how to use popular tools such as Mailchimp, WordPress and Google Analytics. The full portfolio is shown below.
The workshops are designed to be informative, friendly and reasonably priced.
We like you to think about how you will apply your new knowledge to your business or organisation, so encourage you to create an action plan as the workshop progresses. You will receive copies of any slides used, so that you can look back at them later.
Our tool workshops are hands-on so you can use the software with us on hand to advise. We will let you know before the event if you need to register for an account or do any other preparation.
Our aim is to provide good advice and support to help you grow your business. All of us involved in the Small Business Clinic have years of experience in business, so we can provide you with real-life lessons and tips on what to avoid, as well as how to do things right.
Explore the workshops available
The workshops fall into two categories:
- Business – helping you to run the business itself , including the whole sales and marketing cycle.
- How to – practical workshops on how to use specific tools, such as Mailchimp, social media and website tools.
All workshops can be tailored to your own needs, if required.
Workshops can run at a place, including online, and time to suit you. For an in-person workshop all we need is a suitable location with Internet access.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Subjects covered include:
- Creating a business plan
- Simple accounting
- Getting your business organised
- An introduction to data protection and security
- What’s my price? (or how to run a profitable business)
- Building your business brand
- Get your marketing right
- Pitch perfect – presentation skills
- Building your online presence
- Successful selling
Subjects covered include:
- SEO and Google analytics
- WordPress: Introduction and Masterclass
- Getting the words right
- Web design with page builders
- Selling online
- Mailchimp: Introduction and Masterclass
- Using social media in your business
- Advertising with Google
- Video marketing
- Using Instagram for business