Nepeta Consulting designed and implemented a new website for the society. It is based it on WordPress and uses a range of plugins to provide the functionality required. A team of members were trained to maintain the site, each specialising in a different area.
The society were delighted when the site won the award for “Best Website for a Small Society” from the Federation of Family History Societies shortly after it went live.
Features on the site include:
- Standard web pages – for permanent information
- News pages – for articles and announcements
- Calendar of events, trips and meetings
- Registration and renewal of membership online, via PayPal
- Members only area
- Database of the members’ research interests
- Database of the books in the society’s library, with a loan request system
- Links through to Mailchimp – for society emails
- Database of current and past journals