How do you start a business?
- You’ve got your business idea, but how about actually getting started?
- What do you need to know before you begin?
- What decisions do you need to make when and which are critical?
The answer is to come to our “Business Basics” series of workshops.
“Business Basics” workshops to get you started
This series of workshops is designed to get you started with the basics of running a business; from deciding what your business does, through sales and marketing to actually running it. Each workshop covers a different aspect of running a business in some detail and is designed to give you the confidence you need.
As you go through these workshops you will be building up a business plan. This is the document which describes what your business does, how it does it, how much it will cost and shows that your business will be successful. Having a business plan helps you think through your business ideas logically. It is also essential if you need to get funding for your business. We will help you identify the decisions you need to make and provide guidance on how to make them.
The topics we cover include:
- Defining your products and USP
- Marketing – identifying your potential customers and how to make sure they know you
- Sales – turning those potential customers into real ones
- Pricing – making sure you sell product at a profit
- Company structure – deciding what type of business you need to be
- Getting your office organised – accounts, IT and the basic set up
- Social media – learning how to use Facebook, Twitter and other social media for business
We will help you identify the decisions you need to make and provide guidance on how to make them.
The workshops also give you an opportunity to meet others at the same stage of setting up a business as yourself. There will be plenty of discussion and no question is a stupid question!
Where and when?
Our “Business Basics” workshops run in various locations across Herefordshire or Worcestershire as part of our regular workshop timetable. They are interspersed with more specialist workshops and can be taken in any order. Click here for the timetable.
If you would like workshops run in another location, please contact us.